5475 Highway 1, Melbourne Florida – $665,0000
The DeWayne Carpenter / Kirk Kessel Homeselling Team Just listing the property located at 5475 Highway 1, Melbourne for $665,000
“RiverSong” is today’s classic tribute to the iconic mid-century architectural style of Frank Lloyd Wright. With its distinctive multi-tiered roof and landscape-hugging silhouette, this functional and architecturally stimulating home bears all the signature touches of the greatly revered Frank Lloyd Wright Usonian design, including abundant brick and glass, and clerestory widows throughout. Nestled on a bluff overlooking the gorgeous Indian River Lagoon, the exquisite views of the morning sunrise and the moon- kissed waters of the evening are un-interrupted from most every room. A 110-foot dock, just steps away from a glistening built-in swimming pool, further accentuates the relaxed and casual feel of the times. Designed and built by the architect owner in 2012, this three bedroom, two bath, 1680′ floor plan follows the characteristic style for this period home. In addition to the suburb construction, this property is sitting on a lot with 160ft of Intracoastal water frontage.
With many ultra-modern and incredibly “hip” features incorporated into the design, you step onto a property that looks like a showpiece but feels like home. The open living area is designed for conversation-filled dinner parties, with spectacular views from every angle. Amazing solid mahogany doors and windows, Florida Cypress siding, recessed fixtures, dual multi-zoned theatrical lighting, zoned audio system, tankless water heaters and individual room AC/Heating systems complete this iconic masterpiece.
“RiverSong” sits on a 150′ long bluff of direct Intracoastal riverfront, affording stunning and unmatched panoramic views of the Indian River. A short walk along the sidewalk leads you to the town’s riverside public park and playground, ShoresidePark. Centrally located in Brevard County with very easy access to I-95 and Orlando (45 minute drive), Melbourne has an InternationalAirport and Greyhound Bus Terminal just 10 minutes away.
- All doors are custom, solid mahogany with commercial stainless steel hardware.
- The house is sided, inside and out, with clear, heartwood old growth Florida Cypress, not readily available today.
- All glass is impact rated, low E and thermo-pane.
- All appliances are high-end stainless steel. Wall oven and cooktop are made by Gagganeau.
- Countertops in kitchen, master bedroom and living room are black granite.
- Wine bars in living room and master bedroom with integrated wine refrigerator and bar sink.
- Crestron whole house integrated audio system; house wired for voice data and video.
- Three- sided gas fireplace with linear fire element.
- Bath fixtures: Black Kohler soaking bathtub; black Euro dual-flush toilets; Kohler vessel sinks; European faucets.
- Air conditioners are high efficiency state of the art multi-zoned, ductless units. 2 AC systems cover 5 zones, all zones separately controlled by individual remote controls.
- All ceiling lighting recessed LED lamps with dual VERVE multi-zoned controllers. This offers a platform for total home automation.
- Custom porcelain, commercial grade, 2’x2’ tiles throughout home.
- Custom built closet systems.
- Designed for integrated security and remote access systems.
- Structural: All doors and windows have 1/4 inch steel plate saddles with multiple steel I-beams spanning the house for safety and security.
- Dual instant, high efficiency hot water heaters.
- Spray foam insulation and high performance metallic and batt wall insulation used throughout.
- New 110’ Dock with the ability to expand to 213’
Come see what it’s like to live in a work of art!